Activities at Deighton Sports Arena
- Activity Classes (see below)
- Back to Netball
- Hi 5 Netball
- Childrens’ school holiday playschemes - click here for more details
- Under 5s activities
- Sports hall (football, badminton etc)
- Meeting room for hire
- Table Tennis
- Martial Arts, Taekwondo, Aikido & Karate
- Fitness Suite
- Children's parties
Adult Activity Classes
Our Activity Timetables offer a range of health and fitness classes which have been created to suit everybody regardless of age (over 16), gender or fitness level. Some classes may vary in difficulty, therefore some classes are available for different stages such as beginner and advanced, allowing participants to choose their current level of comfort.
Activity Class Descriptions:
Aerobic/Step- Set to music this range of classes will work your heart and lungs and are designed to improve overall body tone, stamina and coordination.
Dance Aerobics- These incorporate aerobic and dance moves offering an energetic and fun workout.
Circuits- A dynamic workout which combines cardiovascular fitness with muscle strength and endurance exercises. Working at different stations, the programme can be set to suit your own level of fitness.
Box Fit- A circuit based cross training workout using boxing techniques to help develop stamina and endurance.
Studio Cycle- Using stationary indoor bikes, the instructor led cycle sessions seek to combine cardiovascular fitness with muscle strength and endurance exercises.
Low Impact- These classes are designed to help prevent the effects of ageing on our bodies and will gently increase fitness, coordination, muscle tone and flexibility. Working at your own level of fitness, these classes are open to everyone and are especially suited to mature groups and PALS referrals.
Specialist- Our specialist activities range from ball room dancing, martial arts, salsa dancing to volleyball. For further information and details about specialist activities please ask at reception.
Relaxation- This group of classes helps engage the mind and body. Working to develop flexibility you will also improve your posture, core stability and self confidence.
Toning- These classes will work on strength, tone and flexibility and also improve your posture, core stability and self confidence. Please note, some of these classes will focus on specific core areas, please ask your instructor for more details.
Useful Information for Classes
Terms and Conditions
- Please ensure you arrive in time to complete the warm up process. This is an important part of the class and helps prevent potential injuries.
- Class entry will be refused five minutes after the class start time.
- Please inform the instructor prior to the start of the class if you have an injury, illness or anything that may affect your ability to participate in exercise.
- Participants must be 16 years old and over (excluding junior sessions)
- Where considered necessary KAL reserve the right to amend or cancel class times, teachers, or courses without prior notice.
- Correct footwear (trainers) and appropriate clothing must be worn.
- Courses must be block booked and payments must be made in full at the time of booking.
- Please note that courses are not part of the membership and should be booked and paid for separately.
- To prevent dehydration we recommend that you bring water with you.
- A light snack is recommended up to ten minutes before a class.
- If you have any queries regarding nutrition please see your instructor
- Please let the instructor know if it is your first class.
- Please do not leave a class before completing a thorough cool down.
- If you like our classes tell everybody, if you do not, tell us!
- Most of all have fun!
- Please bring a towel to your session.
- Please ring and inform us if you are unable to attend a class